Thursday, April 4, 2013

Dr. Timothy A. Turvey

So, today I am going to get this bus back on track!

After I met with Dr. Zaytoun (again) for a consultation, I decided that this (braces and surgery) is what I wanted.  I wanted a nice, pretty smile.  Once that decision was made, it was time for all those awesome teeth molds, models, and pictures (next time I make it to Dr. Z's office, I will see if I can get pictures of that stuff).  These models and pictures were not just for the braces portion of this treatment; they were also being sent to the surgeon's office.

And into this story walks Dr. Timothy A. Turvey, surgeon to the stars!
(Ok...he may not be a Surgeon to YOUR definition of "the stars", but he is my surgeon and that's all it takes to meet that definition for me!)

Dr. Turvey comes highly recommended...from my dentist and my orthodontist.  Apparently, he does like 90% of all cases in North Carolina.   And if you read his business card, it's pretty impressive:

Dr. Timothy A. Turvey
Professor & Chair
Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Director of Craniofacial Surgery
Practice Limited to Surgery of the FACE, JAWS and CRANIOFACIAL REGION
At the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

I would say according to all that written above, Dr. Turvey is a ROCK STAR.  And while he isn't much to talk to (the really, really, really smart people never are for those of us not quite on that level), he is the only person I really feel comfortable sawing my top jaw into pieces and putting it back together again.  So...he really is the "Jaw Breaker, Bone Taker, Smile Maker" of this production (and yes, I did just link to my own blog.  Don't judge).





No comments:

Post a Comment