Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Date is SET

I haven't quite gotten this far in catching everyone up on how I got to where I am today with this whole braces and jaw surgery thing, but.......

The DATE IS SET!  Over the past week or so, insurance approved my surgery (still a little shocked that they approved it on the first ask!...more on that later).  Then yesterday, I talked to my surgeon's office.  They originally wanted to do my surgery in May, but since it's April already, May was BOOKED.  They only do students (kids in high school and college) during June and July, which is better for them because they are out for summer break.  So, the earliest appointment I could get is August 28th.

I can't believe how far away it is -- 5 months.  While I am not the happiest about it, there is really nothing I can do.  So, I'll wait, enjoy my summer (hopefully get a beach trip in there), eat wonderful crunchy, chewy food and...wait.

But it's real.  And it's actually happening.  And I can't believe it.  My teeth will be semi-perfect, jaw popping and headaches will hopefully stop, and I will be able to bite into things like a normal person.  I am scared and excited all at the same time.

Because this post is short and kind of randomly placed, here is a fun factoid for today:

Overbites are extremely common.  Underbites...not so much.  Only 5-10% of the WORLD's population are affected by an underbite and most of those are of Asian decent. 

Since I am not Asian, does this make me a part of 1% of the World's population with an underbite?

Check more out here:  http://www.dentalhealthmed.com/conditions/underbite.html


No comments:

Post a Comment