Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Musical Stylings of Lord Huron

This post has absolutely nothing to do with braces, braking jaws, or any of that jazz.  I just want to write a snippet about music.

I love, love, love music.  If there were no music in the world, I literally think I would die.  It is such a personal thing and what everyone prefers is different in one way or another.  I don't think you'll ever find someone that likes everything you like and dislikes everything you dislike.  And what fun would that be anyway?

I have a new favorite artist it seems like every month.  This month it is Lord Huron.  They are pretty fantastic and I feel like I am a little obsessed.  My favorite jam is She Lit a Fire...and Stranger.  Take a listen:

She Lit a Fire:

There is also a video for She Lit a Fire on YouTube that I couldn't find when I searched to upload this one.  It is a Rollo Grady Session where they sang this song.  Awe-Some. 

This is Stranger:

This song has one of the best lyrics ever:  "Of all the strangers, you're the strangest that I've seen."  Love it.

I need to find some good workout music...Lord Huron is not exactly threadmill running material although I am sure I could make it work.  In the past week or so, I found two songs I have added to my Workout Playlist:

ALT-J Breezeblocks
Kinda a bizarre video, if you ask me, but sure...I like the beat and can run to it.

And finally...the second song added to my workout playlist: 
AWOLNATION - Megalithic Symphony - Sail


And there you have it folks.  These are my musical obsessions...for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment